Friday, November 30, 2012

AJE Component of the Month Reveal!!

I was lucky enough to be the winner of the extra component for the AJE Blog hop!! SO here we go...

These were the pieces we were lucky enough to work with!
And this is what I made below...

 I Loved this piece and decided that if I attached it with a nice piece of filigree, I would get to skip the part of having to figure out how I was going to make the center hole work as a pendant.
 What a beautiful pendant! I just love it! I really needed to keep it simple and have it sparkle with some snow white beads. I can see myself wearing this out on a winter's day or at a Christmas party.
 So please go visit all the other blogs and see what all we have come up with!!


Thanks for stopping by!!

Marie

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Yes Yes Yes!!!!

Lesley said...

That's so pretty Marie - I never thought to use filigree to attach it...very clever! Those white beads are gorgeous too. Lovely work and thank you so much for taking part in the challenge. x

Diana P. said...

Love the fact that you used a filigree for the snowflake. I never would have thought to do that!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Oh ya, I love the little curls coming around the edges. Beautiful!!

baymoondesign said...

Great idea attaching it to filigree. It looks very pretty with the white beads also.

Donna Bradley said...

Beautiful, Marie!! I love the filigree!

Caroline said...

Really pretty design Marie, I love how you've avoided the hole! Genius!

Caroline x

Jess Green said...

Your pieces are always so lovely, and using the filigree was pretty inspired!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Marie,
I love your necklace, Nice idea to use the filigree to make the bail for the pendant. I love the milky white crystals you used too. Beautiful!
Therese

SueBeads said...

Very cool Marie, to use a filigree! That didn't occur to me either! Great job, it looks perfect for the winter!

Jenny said...

Simple and elegant, I agree that the curls coming around the edges are a great detail! You will wear it well!

Jean A. Wells said...

So very pretty. I think the filigree was brilliant - I never even considered anything like that. You won't believe this, but when I was "shopping" my stash for beads to use with this focal, I pulled the beads I used and some large faceted opal glass rondelles - they looked so much like the ones you used. I ended up not using them, but your choice was perfect with the focal. Great job!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

This is gorgeous Marie! I love the filigree! genius!

Jennifer Cameron said...

The filigree was a brilliant solution, and I love the little curls that come over the edge from it. Those white beads are perfect!

Stepha said...

Beautiful, as always Marie! I have some old filigree that I should pull out.. But ehh.. Maybe after the holidays.. Your entire collection of jewelery is stunning!!

CraftyHope said...

The filigree worked out just perfectly with the snowflake. I like that it doesn't detract from the focal. Smarty!